Learn More About Our Christian Education Ministry
The Lord birthed Pastors Hope Ministries (PHM) and the PHM Pastor Training Institute out of a divine encounter Pastor Mike experienced while teaching at an Every Orphan's Hope Bible Camp for orphans in the copper belt region of Zambia near the border of Congo. It was there Pastor Mike met Pastor Robert Mwansa of the Pentecostal Holiness Church of Musonda Falls. As Pastor Mwansa passionately articulated the needs of his local church he shared that it had been prophesied that the Lord would send a servant from the other side of the world to him with resources for his ministry and church. And then he looked Pastor Mike in the eye and declared "I believe the Lord has sent you as an answer to my prayers!" Remarkably, earlier that morning the Lord had already prepared Pastor Mike's heart to answer 'the call' while sitting with his feet in the soil preparing to share Christ with the orphan children attending that Bible camp.
Pastors Hope Ministries (PHM) is committed to assisting the faithful men and women of God doing the work of the Lord as pastors with all their hearts, strength and abilities in an obscure place and hidden closet of the world, the rural villages of Zambia. These rural pastors have been crying out daily to the Lord for Bibles, pastoral training and encouragement. We believe God has heard them and purposes to respond to their prayers and needs out of the abundant resources of the Western Church. Therefore we are appealing to the compassionate and generous hearts of the body of Christ. We all agree that at any time most of us have at our disposal several different Bibles and translations in our bookcases. You might be, however, surprised to learn that most rural Zambian pastors do not own a personal Bible. And as a result, they must borrow a Bible from someone in their village to prepare the Sunday sermon.
Our divinely inspired vision is to personally plant Biblical resources and theological insights in the soil of the ministries of rural Zambian pastors.
Rev. Michael L. Roberts, B.A. MTS CEO – Founder
Pastor Michael L. Roberts’ Personal Educational Philosophy Statement: “At this point in my life, I understand education to be the refining of a Christian worldview with the Bible being the authority and filter for all truth. Jesus Christ is the foundation for this Holy Spirit led process.”
Pastor Mike also serves as the Founding and Senior Pastor of King Of Kings Bible Church in Frisco, Texas. Pastor Mike's current and previous Ministry and Research Immersions Include:
- The Arabian Peninsula Partnership Interlaken Outreach - Interlaken, Switzerland
- Former Board Chair, Every Orphan's Hope - Lusaka, Zambia
- Former Senior Pastor, U.S. Navy 5th Fleet Gospel Congregation - Manama, Bahrain
- UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPT: "The Holocaust - Einsatzgruppen A: Its Mission, Shame, and The Sociological Circumstances That Birthed It" - Research initiated in Riga, Latvia and Vilnius, Lithuania
- UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPT: "Protestant Christianity in China: The Implications and Consequences of the Dynamic Tension between the Chinese Government, the Registered and Unregistered Churches" - Research initiated in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nanjing and Beijing, China
- UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPT: "An Exegetical Analysis of Suffering and Affliction in the Pauline Epistles" Perkins Theological Seminary, Southern Methodist University 2013
- UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPT: "The Theology of Speaking in Tongues in the Protestant American Worship Space Its Origin and Practice" Perkins Theological Seminary, Southern Methodist University 2013
- UNPUBLISHED MASTER'S THESIS: "Prosperity Theology - It's Tendencies and Practices Within the Protestant American Worship Space" – Masters Theological Studies Thesis requirement for The Perkins Seminary – Southern Methodist University.
- Former Board Member, Reconciliation Outreach & The Church of Reconciliation - Dallas, Tx.
- Former Associate Pastor, Greater Peoples Baptist Church - Dallas, Tx.
- Former Board Member, KABOOM Ministries - Bowie, Maryland and Frisco, Tx.
- Member, American Red Cross Disaster Action Team - McKinney, Tx.
- Member, Frisco Pastors Alliance - Frisco,Tx.
Pastor Mike's educational achievements include International Banking coursework at Franklin College, Lugano Switzerland; a Bachelors-Economics from Claremont McKenna College; and a Masters-Theological Studies from The Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University. Pastor Mike is currently enrolled in the D.Ed.Min. Doctor Educational Ministry Program at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, Kansas.
God has heard the cry of His servants in Zambia; "Who will help us Lord?" The Father in turn asked the question; "Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us?" Then we said; "Here we are Lord, send us." - knowing that God Himself has placed this vision and purpose in our hearts! Surely it is God's business to choose His special instruments. And when we are persuaded that He has aligned us to His purpose, we have no right to question the wisdom of His appointment. To do so is to depreciate His wisdom and or to doubt His power and our willingness to become all that is necessary to complete the need. – partial quote: F.B. Meyer